5/25/2010

Meet my amazing library aides...



My first year as librarian I had three aides. Last year I had one. This year... I was on my own. The thought of shelving all the books, checking all 675 students in and out and managing the whole program by myself was a little daunting. So...

Plan A

Meet my four student aides, Tim Muir, Cedrick Vargas, Kelee Snyder, and Autumn Covington. They have worked hard all year shelving books, sorting and delivery all of the "mail" running errands and keeping the library clean. They are beyond fabulous. I will miss all four of them!

Plan B

Teresa Christensen, Alice Clark, Veronica Cortez and Robyn Gordon took turns, as parent volunteers, coming to the library every day at 8:00 am They made it possible for us to be able to open our doors first thing in the morning. Most days we averaged 35 to 40 students and it took both of us moving as fast as we could to get them all checked in and out by 9:45 Shaunna George helped on Wednesday afternoons. Ever pleasant and willing she kept the library in order mid-week.
What's the old saying? "Many hands make light work" I so appreciate them all.
Miss Merriweather