2/18/2011

IRELAND is a beautiful place, very green with lots and lots and lots of rocks. This is Ashford Castle where I stayed  for several days.  It was wonderful.  Many great Americans can trace their heritage to the "Emerald Isle"  and many of our traditions were brought here by the immigrating Irish.  I will be posting pictures over the next few weeks to give you a peek at this lovely country.



There are no snakes in Ireland, it's true.  There are, however, great big black spiders.  When I first checked into my room in Ashford Castle I opened up the windows because it was a beautiful day and I had a wonderful view.  As night began to fall huge black spider came out of the cracks between the stones of the castle walls. Yikes... all windows were closed and locked!!!

CHECK OUT the Irish dancing video to the right.