7/17/2011

PALISADES RESERVOIR
Idaho


I spent the better part of a week at Palisade Reservoir in Idaho and Jackson Hole in Wyoming.  The view of the lake from our cabin was spectacular; I could have stayed forever.  We did have a little surprise.  One morning we noticed that a very large section of the meadow grass, just to the side of our cabin, was matted down.  We were pretty sure some kind of animal had spent the night.  The following night my son used the night lens on his video camera and filmed whatever was out there...

It was a
"GYNORMOUS" BULL MOOSE
 ten feet from the back door.

It made me want to re-read HATCHET by Gary Paulsen






JACKSON HOLE

This is the park in down town Jackson Hole.  There are four arches made of elk antlers at each corner of the park. I sat and watched the pocket gophers play and then got caught in a wonderful summer rainstorm. It's my favorite weather.




If you are ever up that way be sure to stop by THE RAINEY CREEK COUNTRY STORE and get a "square ice cream cone."


Swan Valley, Idaho

http://www.visitidaho.org/attraction/roadside-attractions/rainey-creek-country-store/

Hope you are all having a great summer. 
Don't forget to READ!